Explore the findings of the Hays Salary & Recruiting Trends 2018 guide, based on our survey of almost 17,500 employers and employees nationwide.
Download your copy to:
- Benchmark your pay and that of your team against more than 9,200 salaries, split by profession and region across the UK
- Discover in-depth market information on 12 distinct specialist and technical areas, including finance, construction and digital technology
- Secure a meeting with one of our consultants to discuss what the findings mean for your team and organisation
- 95% of employers expect activity to increase or stay the same in the next year
- The outlook is good for jobseekers, with almost three-quarters of employers planning to recruit staff in the next 12 months
- A scarcity of suitable applicants is expected to be a top recruitment challenge for most employers
- High competition for skilled staff and fewer people entering the jobs market is compounding the skills gap
- Skills shortages are putting employees under pressure to deliver more with less, impacting morale and heightening levels of workplace stress
- Employees have concerns about their career progression and are dissatisfied with their salaries
Organisations need to invest in their people strategies to address skills shortages and ensure they have the right people in place to meet their growth plans and capitalise on the opportunities.