Download your copy of the Hays Salary & Recruiting Trends 2019 guide
How the guide will help your organisation:
- Explore the findings of the Hays Salary & Recruiting Trends 2019 guide, based on our survey of almost 23,000 employers and employees.
- Benchmarking your pay and that of your team against salaries split by profession and UK region.
- Discover recruiting trends across 12 different specialist and technical areas.
- Download your copy of the guide and secure a meeting with one of our specialist consultants to discuss what the findings mean for your organisation and how best to tailor your talent attraction strategy.
Key findings include:
- Despite market uncertainty, employers’ business outlook remains stable, with 95% expecting business activity to increase or stay the same in the year ahead.
- Hiring plans are at their highest since our survey began, with over three-quarters of employers planning to hire staff over the next year.
- Challenges finding the right candidates persist, as 92% of employers say they have experienced skills shortages within the past year.
- Skills shortages are threatening both employee morale and hiring plans.
- Almost half of employers expressed concern about competition from other employers when hiring in the year ahead.
- Salaries have risen to address skills gaps, but this is not enough to retain staff.
- Employers continue to underestimate the appeal of offering a positive work-life balance to prospective employees, and the value this can have as a tactic in competing for talent. Only 18% of employers think work‑life balance is important to attract staff, while 30% of professionals prioritise this when considering a new role.