University of the Arts London (UAL) is a world-leading creative university for teaching and research in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts. UAL is made up of six renowned colleges and hosts several institutes that further the university’s mission and social purpose. Under the leadership of our new President and Vice-Chancellor, we are designing the University around social purpose; through the students and ideas we send out into the world, and the partnerships we build to achieve social, environmental, and economic progress.
Product Management is an evolving discipline within Digital & Technology at UAL, supporting the next step in our journey towards product management and user-centric design. Over the last two years we have been scaling our capabilities, shifting focus from a technology and project-centric approach to the design of intuitive, positive user experiences, and optimised digital services that can scale to support the ambitious growth outlined in our strategy.
As Product Manager, you will play a key role in discovery for a diverse range of products and services that underpin the overall student and staff experience at UAL. You will be defining outcomes, ensuring effective prioritisation and embedding data-driven decision-making. Key to success in the role will be accountability for the ongoing, measurable and continuous product improvement, as well as significant product developments to deliver our strategic ambitions.
You will work with our wider product leadership team, and in collaboration with colleagues across Delivery, Business Analysis, TechOps and Development, as well as with key internal stakeholders and with external suppliers and partners.
We are currently recruiting two Product Manager positions (One focused on supporting key products that underpin the digital Student Experience, and another which focusses on student information and data). For both roles, we welcome applications from experienced product managers across a range of sectors who want to join our growing community of practice in product management and play a key role in an organisation committed to social purpose.
- A background of developing digital products for varied audiences and defining roadmaps, including discovery and product delivery
- Knowledge of effective product lifecycle development and processes across a large, complex environment
- Extensive experience of working with a diverse range of stakeholders and external partners to deliver and develop digital products and services.
- Experience of Agile and Scrum, as well as other software and product development and delivery methodologies
- Broad awareness of enterprise technology
- Demonstrable experience of driving and championing new ways of working while bringing people along with you
UAL is a world-class university, shaping the creative industries worldwide, and staff have access to a range of benefits, training and personal development to recognise and reward the contributions they make, and to encourage excellence, creativity and diversity, including:
- Competitive salary package £50,961 - £68,406 per annum, depending on experience
- 34 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- Family-friendly policies, including 26 weeks of full maternity or paternity pay
HAYS Technology have been retained by University of the Arts London to manage the search and recruitment. For all enquiries, please contact Joel Mundy or Stephen Turner at Hays Technology.