Technical support analyst
Job Type: Permanent.
Salary: £38,687 per annum.
Environment: Hybrid (3 days in office)
Hays are recruiting for our client based in Sevenoaks for a technical support analyst to work within the public sector.
The main purpose of the job is to be a senior member of the Technology Support Team providing second-line support and proactively delivering Service Desk and Support functions to enable us to the best in Kent.
The expectation regarding IT support hybrid working is that approximately three fifths of employees working hours each week are spent in office. New staff are expected to be in the office full-time during the initial training period.
- Proactively allocate and respond to and resolve service desk incidents, requests, issues, problems and queries to agreed service levels, liaising with third parties as required, and ensuring users and the Service Desk system are updated.
- Deliver outstanding customer service, treating everyone fairly and with respect.
- Proactively complete technical and administrative tasks for IT projects – including configuration and implementation of new equipment and systems, structured research into alternative solutions to meet user requirements, creation of project documentation – plans, RAID logs, tasks and testing records as well as user guidance.
- Empathetically support and provide guidance for users of IT systems so they can use these efficiently, including enabling them to work smarter and make the most of Microsoft 365 modern productivity.
- Patch systems and work with the 3rd line support providers to ensure that all elements of the IT systems and infrastructure receive regular operating systems, security and software updates.
- Keep abreast of and implement best practices in IT services management and security, share knowledge and contribute to the ongoing learning of the team
- Maintain accurate technical records relating to IT services for asset and configuration management, business continuity and reference/knowledge base purposes.
- Liaise with business users to determine department specific issues and support with smarter ways of working
- Provide support for business as usual and projects administration tasks.
- Occasionally create, test and implement mobile forms and workflow
- Support creating dashboards and use Infographics to visualise management information
- Promote equality, value diversity and treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Mentor less experienced members of the team and promote knowledge sharing with colleagues
- Undertake any other duties to achieve the purpose of the job
- Experience of delivering excellent IT support to users
- Experience of using a service desk application (ideally Fresh Service) to manage incidents and requests, undertake problem management and change enablement, as well as for service catalogue, configuration, and continuity management
- Experience of project work; particularly identifying technical requirements and designing solutions
- Experience of monitoring systems, creating and maintaining appropriate records and undertaking housekeeping tasks to identify issues
- Good hands-on knowledge of IT systems and technical architecture including Citrix, VMware, Active Directory, Windows and Android Operating Systems, Mobile Device Management (Intune and MaaS), SQL Server, Microsoft 365 including Teams and SharePoint, Microsoft Azure, Mobile Device Management and Networking technologies (certifications desirable)
- Scripting skills such as PowerShell
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure Library v3 or v4 (certification desirable)
- Ability to assist with maintenance of IT systems, including the configuration of new equipment and the routine update of software
- Ability to technically document infrastructure and systems as well as write accessible user guidance
- Demonstrates a high level of attention to detail at all times
- Creative and tenacious problem solver with a proactive approach
- Willing and able to learn quickly, particularly information architecture and systems
- Competent at managing own learning and self-development while modelling this for others
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Talk to Harry Harding, the specialist consultant managing this positionLocated in Maidstone, Unit 24, Hollingworth Court, Turkey Mill, Ashford RoadTelephone 01622235691