New: Senior Management Accountant Opportunity
Your new company
Hays are working exclusively with a leading IT Distributor who have a strong presence in the UK and Northern Europe. T hey're committed to delivering excellence in their products and services, and work continuously expanding their operations both domestically and internationally. Their company culture fosters innovation, collaboration, and a dedication to delivering high-quality solutions to our customers. In Finance, they uphold a set of core values, including professional curiosity, right first time, continuous improvement, integrity and ethics, and collaborative leadership.
Your new role
Reporting into the Financial Controller, you'll be responsible for supporting all aspects of financial accounting, financial management, and financial reporting. You'll also be supporting the creation and implementation of a strong set of financial controls and processes that the Business needs to support delivery of its strategic plan. You'll frequently deputise for the FC where needed, and you'll be comfortable with tight plc-style reporting deadlines and financial cycles.
You'll work closely with your team of three or four and be a natural Finance business partner by providing support and driving best practice to the commercial and operational teams, but also by upholding robust controls and processes at all times. You'll provide financial insights, and help drive financial performance, take responsibility for the month end process, help ensure compliance with relevant regulations and accounting standards, and take accountability for all balance sheet reconciliation processes. You'll naturally want to embody and promote our core values, contributing to a positive and inclusive work environment.
Establish Strong Financial Process & Control Environment:
- Design and implement robust financial controls to ensure accuracy, reliability, and security of financial information.
- Develop and maintain financial policies, procedures, and guidelines to guide financial activities across the organisation.
- Continuously evaluate and improve financial processes to minimise inefficiency and risk.
Month-End Process and Board Pack Creation:
- Support the month-end financial close process, ensuring timely and accurate preparation of financial statements and management reports, including strict deadlines around flash reporting and final close
- This includes the UK, and European subsidiaries.
- Oversee the timely and accurate preparation of consolidated monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, including annual group consolidated statutory financial statements
- Provide regular financial analysis, insights, and recommendations to support decision-making.
- Ownership of chart of accounts; implementation of a new group P&L reporting structure
- Ensure compliance with all accounting principles, standards, and regulatory requirements
- Oversee the general ledger activities, including journal entries, account reconciliations, and accruals.
- Review and approve accounting entries and transactions
- [Manage intercompany transactions, reconciliations, and settlements to ensure accurate and timely reporting of intercompany balances.]
- [Monitor and manage fixed assets accounting, including depreciation, impairments, and disposals.
- Conduct periodic physical asset verification and reconciliation.]
Stock & Goods Received Not Invoiced (GRNI) Reconciliation:
- Specifically, lead the Stock & GRNI reconciliation processes to ensure accurate accounting of inventory and outstanding goods received but not yet invoiced, plus other related accounts
- Collaborate with procurement and accounts payable teams to resolve discrepancies and ensure timely invoice processing.
- Implement controls to reduce GRNI ageing and enhance accuracy in the matching process.
Accounts Payable (AP)
- Supervise and manage the AP function, ensuring accurate and timely processing of invoices, payments and GRNI
- Taking the lead in liaising with Suppliers regarding issues and issue escalation as required
- Monitor supplier accounts and resolve discrepancies
- Ensure supplier statement reconciliations are undertaken on a timely basis
- Collaborate with procurement teams to maintain efficient purchase-to-pay processes
Team Leadership and Development:
- Lead and mentor the financial/ management accounting team, providing guidance and support for professional growth.
- Foster a collaborative and high-performing finance department.
- Liaising with external auditors and suppliers
What you'll need to succeed
- A relevant professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, possibly CIMA) with >5 years PQE is essential
- Part-qualified (stage three professional qualification) would also be considered
- Proven experience as a Management or Financial Accountant within a sizeable organisation.
- Good knowledge of accounting principles, financial regulations, and reporting standards (IFRS, UK GAAP).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; the ability to provide strategic financial insights.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate effectively with stakeholders.
- Experience in managing one or more people.
- Previous exposure to inventory management and GRNI reconciliation is advantageous.
- Proficiency in financial software and ERP systems.
- French or German speaker would be an advantage, though not necessary
Your Core Values:
- Professional Curiosity: A passion for continuous learning and staying up-to-date with professional trends and best practices. Demonstrated ability to dig deeper into financial data to gain meaningful insights and drive informed decisions.
- Right First Time: A commitment to accuracy and attention to detail in financial reporting and analysis. Strives for precision and ensures that financial information is presented correctly from the outset.
- Continuous Improvement: A mindset focused on driving efficiency and effectiveness in financial processes. Proactively identifies areas for improvement and implements solutions to enhance financial controls and operations.
- Integrity and Ethics: Demonstrates high ethical standards and maintains the utmost integrity in handling financial matters. Upholds confidentiality and ensures compliance with all relevant regulations and accounting principles.
- Collaborative Leadership: Strong team player with good leadership skills. Encourages collaboration and empowers team members to excel, fostering a positive and inclusive work environment.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary package
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Retirement savings plan with company matching
- Flexible work arrangements to support work-life balance
- Opportunities for professional development and training
- Employee wellness programs and fitness incentives
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Talk to Adam Tomlins, the specialist consultant managing this positionLocated in Cardiff, 1st Floor, 5 Callaghan Square, Telephone 02920222422