We surveyed nearly 500 credit managers and individuals holding similar roles in organisations across the UK for our DNA of a Credit Manager Report.
They were asked about their background, qualifications, responsibilities and personal characteristics as well as the challenges that they face and the skills that they believe are important for credit managers to have.
Credit managers play a critical role in enabling companies to stay in business, report healthy profits and to grow and attract investment. Without them some companies would struggle to survive while others fail to achieve their full potential.
Here are some of our key findings:
- 36% report into their organisation’s board
- 39% said that sales was the most important discipline to partner with
- 53% believed that achieving company objectives would be their biggest challenge over the next 12 months
- 34% had undertaken training to understand functions outside of credit management
- 39% revealed that they were aiming for a more senior role within credit management.
Download the full report for more insight.
What does it take to become a Credit Manager?
Download the DNA of a Credit Manager guide by clicking the button below and following the steps.