Hays and Empact Ventures to expand Super Connect series for start-ups across the UK and Ireland
The events will be run as part of a regional roadshow in 12 cities and towns across the UK and Ireland from October 2019 to June 2020 following a successful pilot in five areas including Bournemouth, Bristol, London, Cambridge and Leeds.
Kosta Mavroulakis, Founder and CEO of Empact Ventures said: “While tech start-ups and scale-ups have access to an abundance of investment opportunities in the UK, they still face the challenge of securing new business development and a blended range of funding opportunities. For larger organisations and funding providers they often face the challenge of meeting many smaller tech companies before they find the gems that fit their sweet spot for the purposes of their innovation sourcing, business development and/or funding purposes.
In both cases, our goal is to bring people together to explore collaboration in a mutually beneficial manner that creates aggregate economic and/or social impact. Empact Ventures and Hays UK & I are both super connectors of technology and people respectively who are committed to supporting the growth of small to large organisations, and it is for this reason why we co-designed the Super Connect Series”.
James Milligan, Director of Hays Digital Technology, commented: “We are confident that by working in partnership with Empact Ventures on the new Super Connect series, the initiative will encourage professionals with a passion for technology, to better engage, connect and collaborate with others within the industry. The events are a unique opportunity for start-ups and scale-ups to access businesses and decision makers who can help them take their start-up to the next level.
For more information contact:
Helen Flannery, PR Manager, Hays
T: +44 (0) 203 0400 282
M: +44 (0)75 5579 70401
Kosta Mavroulakis, CEO, Empact Ventures
M: +44 (0)7731 768769
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2019 the Group employed 11,500 staff operating from 265 offices in 33 markets across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2019:
– the Group reported net fees of £1,129.7 billion and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £248.8 million;
– the Group placed around 81,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 254,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 18% of Group net fees were generated in Australia & New Zealand, 27% in Germany, 23% in United Kingdom & Ireland and 32% in Rest of World (RoW);
– the temporary placement business represented 57% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 43% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Chile, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA
About Empact Ventures
Find out more
Search for jobs
Find your next career move.
Register a job
Search through hundreds of candidates to find your next employee or employees.
Explore our key services which will help provide you with an effective talent strategy.
From whitepapers to reports, get the resources you need for all of your recruitment or job searching needs.
Join us at our events
We are dedicated to creating opportunities for professionals and industry leaders to share their insights.
View our blogs
Take a look at our blog section for further insight and advice.