OUR KEY SERVICES
Education, early help and SEND – Service Lead (Jo Cassey)
- Building on excellent existing relationships, and through a wide range of teams and services, supporting and challenging schools and other settings across the city to continually improve educational standards and attainment
- Shaping the early years landscape and delivering the 2 year old childcare offer to cement a long history of high quality work and impact in outcomes in the Early Years Foundation Stage
- A multi-agency 0-25 Special Educational Needs and Disability Service and pathfinder authority for new assessments for this cohort of children and young people with additional and complex needs
- A locality based Early Help Service proving multi agency family support services via skilled practitioners from many different agencies and professional backgrounds, and incorporating our successful Family Matters Programme.
- Youth Offending Service working within a multi-agency framework with 10-17 year olds with the aim to reduce offending and re-offending, and support young offenders and their families/carers.
Children’s Social Care – Service Lead (Jane White)
- A well regarded Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) service offering a single point of contact for all safeguarding concerns regarding children and young people and a co-located team with representatives from a wide range of partner agencies
- Core Social Work Teams in service areas undertaking Assessments, Child in Need, Protection and Court Work, Looked After Children and Care Leavers
- Fostering, Adoption and Friends and Family services
- Specialist teams including our Family Drug and Alcohol Court Team, Behavioural Resource Service and court assessment and contact services.
Quality Assurance and Safeguarding Service – Service Lead (Phil Bullingham)
- Supporting front line teams and senior managers within the service and Southampton’s Children’s Safeguarding Board to ensure that the quality of practice with children, young people and families is consistently high and that service standards are met.
- The professional development of staff linked to learning from the outcomes, views and experiences of children, parents and front-line staff.
- Leading and overseeing a comprehensive programme of audit and improvement in line with the Quality Assurance and Improvement Framework and ensuring inspection readiness.
- Coordinating learning lessons activity from serious incidents and case reviews
- An Independent Reviewing Officer and Chid Protection Conference Chairing Service
- Complex investigations into safeguarding allegations by the Local Area Designated Officer (LADO)
- Local Safeguarding Children’s Board management