Director of Development & Strategic Partnerships
It is a critical time for Jordan and the Middle East. Amid large turmoil and crises of unprecedented scale, it is imperative to ensure that the global community continues to make both short and long term investments in the sustainability of the region.
In the newly created role of Director of Development & Strategic Partnerships, the post-holder will work with the CEO to support the Queen Rania Foundation (QRF) in further establishing and extending its network of international and global funding partners – particularly those based in Europe and North America. The appointee will also be responsible for raising the profile of the Foundation, through different marketing and media channels, by crafting stories about QRF’s work that resonate with target audiences. The post-holder will be comfortable and proficient in speech writing and executive presentations.
Notably the candidate will be expected to grow and nurture QRF’s international strategic partnerships and fundraising team both in the UK and Jordan. To perform this role successfully, it is expected that the candidate will travel often, with the requirement to spend at least one week per month in Jordan.
This position will, uniquely within QRF, work very closely with Her Majesty Queen Rania’s office to both serve as fortified point of connection with QRF, and ensure that QRF is able leverage Her Majesty’s international presence and networks, for the tangible benefit of learners in Jordan.
Major areas of responsibility
- Lead the creation and execution of QRF’s fundraising strategy, including researching and recruiting new major donors; with an emphasis on recruiting donors from the international private sector.
- Manage key donor relationships and recruiting needed relationship managers to ensure QRF has ongoing and fruitful relationships with funding partners across different sectors.
- Ensure appropriate and timely follow-up of donors following the receipt of pledges and donations through predesign recognition and communication scheme. This will entail implementing a CRM system to centralize and formalize the solicitation process. As the team grows, the Director will delegate responsibility of this to the team.
- Cultivate a network of QRF partners and global advocates to support QRF in achieving its goals and objectives centered on improving the state of education for disadvantaged learners.
- Create and lead on the execution of QRF’s Europe and North America focused media and public relations strategy, while ensuring coordination with QRFs messaging in other locations.
- Work with QRF’s teams on the ground in Jordan on creating needed audiovisual and print fundraising assets (including the creation of ad campaigns, compelling case studies, impact assessment studies, original artifacts, etc.)
- Lead on the execution of any fundraising and promotional events for QRF in the UK, Germany, and North America.
Required qualifications, skills and competencies
- Minimum undergraduate university degree, MBA preferred, with an emphasis on not-for-profits, strategy and communications.
- Minimum seven years' experience in senior level fundraising position, ideally in leadership role with oversight over end-to-end execution. USA focused experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of major fundraising methodology including prospect research, managing databases for major account portfolio management, proposal preparation and the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major donors.
- Proven track record of successfully identifying, securing and cultivating major donations of six figures and above.
- At least five years’ people management experience ideally in an international context, with excellent leadership and people management skills across different cultures, especially leading a transnational team. Previous experience with remote teams preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, database proficiency and outstanding budgetary and financial skills, including target setting and monitoring and proficiency in Excel.
- Experience of mid-to-senior level marketing and public relations. Experience with social media preferred.
- Excellent communication (oral & written) skills in English, with proven track record of storytelling and narrative building required. A working proficiency in Arabic and/or French preferred but not required.
- Independent, ambitious leader, with drive, thoroughness, attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
For further information or for a confidential discussion telephone Sarah Engerer or Andrew Timlin on 020 7259 8743