Thank you for your interest in NHS England’s newly created Commercial and Procurement department with the aim of developing and implementing effective strategies and operational policies for promoting innovation in procurement in an organisation that shares out more than £100 billion in funds across England. Innovation is critical to enabling NHS England to achieve the ambitions set out in its Mandate, to ramp up the pace and scale of change, and deliver better outcomes for patients in England.
With over 40 appointments to be made across all levels including Senior Analyst, Procurement Manager, Contracts Manager, SRM to Senior Leadership roles NHS England has an exciting career opportunity for you. Opportunities exist in a number of directorates including Commissioning Strategy, Medical & Nursing, Corporate Services, Operations and Information, Support and Assurance and Programmes, Systems and Data. Roles can be based in Leeds or London.
The team we are creating will undertake some of the most commercially innovative procurement work in the country. All appointees will work as part of a dynamic Commercial team delivering an effective service supporting and advising managers and staff across NHS England on Commercial principles and processes to drive maximum benefit and efficiencies. The team will also work closely with a wide range of NHS organisations and key stakeholders across England.
Key elements of the work this newly created team will deliver include:
- Front line engagement with the wider business and working with senior members of the business to provide strategic procurement advice;
- Provide support and guidance around governance process and procurement processes and options;
- Develop strategic business and pipeline planning;
- Develop innovative, value for money strategies and requirements;
- Systematically and efficiently managing contract creation, execution and analysis in order to maximising operational and financial performance;
- Responsible for ensuring spend is compliant and fully auditable;
NHS England is seeking confident, self-motivated and ambitious commercial and procurement professionals who will drive innovation, foster constructive, supportive and collaborative working and be at the forefront of our relationships with our suppliers and potential suppliers and internal customers.
We are able to offer a competitive package, including generous paid annual leave, a choice of pension schemes, extensive training opportunities and work life balance.
If you are excited by these challenging roles and believe you have the skills we are looking for, we would be delighted to receive an application from you.
Again, thank you for considering working with us.
Our future is exciting, come join us.
Kevin Bates - Head of Commercial