Marketing Skills Report | Hays
MARKETING SKILLS REPORT
The findings of our Marketing Skills Report 2016 are based on survey findings from almost 300 respondents.
Marketers, primarily manager level and above, were asked about their organisation’s hiring preferences, existing skills gaps in their business by seniority and what core skills they think are most important to a selection of roles with a digital focus.
- Identifies what skills are needed within your workforce today
- Distinguishes which core and technical skills all good marketers should possess in today's digital world
- What you can do to cultivate the right skills within your organisation and,
- What you, as marketing leaders can be doing to enhance your own knowledge.
Here are some key findings:
- 82% of our survey respondents would hire a candidate with the relevant core skills, but with no specific role experience
- Hiring managers need to take these into account no matter what role they are recruiting for
- Marketing leaders should view digital as integral to all roles and adjust hiring strategies to prioritise core skills, rather than recruiting juniors purely to fill digital skills gaps
- Senior marketers should be aware of their own skills gaps and cultivate technical training from the top down.
To find out more join the conversation #CoreVsTech.
Watch our webinar
Download your copy
Find out more
Search for jobs
Find your next career move.
Register a job
Search through hundreds of candidates to find your next employee or employees.
Explore our key services which will help provide you with an effective talent strategy.
From whitepapers to reports, get the resources you need for all of your recruitment or job searching needs.
Join us at our events
We are dedicated to creating opportunities for professionals and industry leaders to share their insights.
View our blogs
Take a look at our blog section for further insight and advice.