The Pearson National Teaching Awards
Hays Education is working in partnership with the Pearson National Teaching Awards to celebrate transformational teaching.
Hays Education is delighted to be sponsoring The Award for Primary Headteacher of the Year and also The Award for Secondary Headteacher of the Year.
About the Awards
The Pearson National Teaching Awards (the Oscars of Education), is the UK’s flagship awards program for the education community. It identifies and celebrates leading teachers & organisations from across the UK. Following a national call for nominations; an in-depth selection process, with an experienced judging panel, is conducted, including visits to all shortlisted schools. Successful nominees are awarded with a Silver accolade, and ultimately Gold for the UK winner.
Gold winners are announced at a spectacular national ceremony, broadcast on BBC and attended by over 600 guests, including senior politicians and education leaders. In November 2020 the awards were showcased in a week-long celebration of teaching on BBC’s The One Show, with viewing figures of c.20 million, and a media reach of 42 million.
The Pearson National Teaching Awards is a unique chance to give teachers and schools the recognition they deserve on a national stage.
- Teachers transform lives and help young people realise their potential - help us celebrate this exceptional profession
- You know that teachers go the extra mile to educate our children both in and out of the classroom – this is your chance to tell everyone about it
- Winning a Pearson National Teaching Award is a celebration for the whole school community, and the benefits are wide-ranging
- The Pearson National Teaching Awards gives schools and colleges the opportunity to network and share expertise.
- Teachers are passionate about teaching and learning – help us tell their stories and celebrate
Nominations for the 2021 awards closed on 12 March 2020, we'd like to thank everybody who entered.