DNA of a Partner | Hays
DNA OF A PARTNER
Having surveyed almost 400 partners across the UK, we have unravelled their DNA and discovered what it takes to make a finance partner.
No two finance partners will have matching skill-sets or will have followed identical career paths. Nevertheless, our research found that partners in accountancy firms do tend to share some common characteristics in terms of their training, personal attributes, and the challenges they face.
While all partners are different and will have taken varied routes to the top, they all tend to share common attributes such as:
- love of their profession
- keen commercial awareness
- an aptitude for client service
- an entrepreneurial mind-set and,
- a willingness to adapt to change.
Here are some of our key findings:
- 80% of respondents would still choose to be a partner if they had the chance to start over
- 48% believe that regulation will be a major factor in shaping the role of partner over the next 5 years
- 59% said that it was important for the next generation to be commercially aware.
Download the full report for more insight.
What does it take to become a Finance Partner?
Find out more
Search for jobs
Find your next career move.
Register a job
Search through hundreds of candidates to find your next employee or employees.
Explore our key services which will help provide you with an effective talent strategy.
From whitepapers to reports, get the resources you need for all of your recruitment or job searching needs.
Join us at our events
We are dedicated to creating opportunities for professionals and industry leaders to share their insights.
View our blogs
Take a look at our blog section for further insight and advice.