DNA OF A FINANCE DIRECTOR
Download your copy
We surveyed over 800 finance professionals, holding the position of Deputy Finance Director or above, during the summer of 2013. They were asked about their educational background, qualifications, international experience, responsibilities, challenges and personal aspirations.
This report offers:
- Key findings of what matters most in the financial world, including interests and inspirations.
- Background and qualifications of successful Finance Directors.
- How to develop and gain experience to move up on the career ladder though business partnering and working abroad.
While the skills and backgrounds of Finance Directors will vary, they tend to share some common characteristics in terms of their training, outlook and responsibilities.
The key findings of our survey help to explain just what makes up a Finance Director’s DNA:
- ACA is the most popular qualification for finance directors (39%), followed by CIMA (29%) and ACCA (20%).
- Over a third of FDs have worked outside the UK at some point during their career; mostly in Europe (56%), followed by North America (28%) and Africa (20%),
- More than a third of respondents rated commercial understanding as the most important skill for an FD to possess.
- The main tip for the next generation was to get involved with their organisation’s operational activities and not just focus on the numbers.
Download the full report for more insight.
Find out more
Search for jobs
Find your next career move.
Register a job
Search through hundreds of candidates to find your next employee or employees.
Explore our key services which will help provide you with an effective talent strategy.
From whitepapers to reports, get the resources you need for all of your recruitment or job searching needs.
Join us at our events
We are dedicated to creating opportunities for professionals and industry leaders to share their insights.
View our blogs
Take a look at our blog section for further insight and advice.