Job Title: Grad/Junior EngineerJob Area: GlasgowJob Salary: Competitive DOE Job Type: MEP Design
Your new company
Our client are Building Services consulting engineers who specialise in the design, specification and costing of mechanical and electrical building services. They are a well-established local, director-owned business with considerable experience in the MoD sector. A large chunk of their project portfolio is made up of interesting and challenging defence projects, however they will also get involved in public sector work for schools etc. They heavily invest in staff training and development and this is a great opportunity for a Graduate/Junior Mechanical Design Engineer to take their career to the next level within the Building Services design industry.
Your new role
- Designing HVAC systems. You'll be involved in designing heating, ventillatoon and air conditioned systems for buildings ensurin they meet the required specifications and regulations.
- You'll be responsible for performing engineering calculations to determine system requirements such as heat load calculations and pipe sizing.
- Work closely with other professionals to ensure seamless integration of mechanical systems within a building design.
- Conducting site visits and inspections to asses the feasibility and progress of mechanical installations.
- Reviewing and interpreting technical drawings and diagrams.
- Creating 2D and 3D models using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
What you'll need to succeed
- BEng Degree in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering
- Ideally have industry related experience with a consultancy or relevant business.
- Strong technical knoweldge of mechanical engineering principles and concepts related to building services
- Proficiency in design software such as AutoCAD, familar with Revit and IES.
- Good communication skills and ability to work well as part of a team.
What you'll get in return
- 32 holidays including public holidays
- Hybrid / Flexible working
- Discretionary bonus
- Excellent training and development support
- Early finish Friday
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.