Electrician, 18th Edition, C&G2360, C&G 2391, Social Housing, Maintenance
Location coverage Evesham/Pershore/Tewkesbury/Gloucester
£34,546 per Annum +up to £1,900 OTE + Van + Fuel Card
Do you want to work for an employer whose Vision is to make a difference by enabling better lives through building better homes and their Mission is to build a better future by investing in affordable homes, services, and communities. Do you want to undertake work that matters to people’s lives?
Our client is one of the largest housing associations in the Midlands, owning and managing over 48,000 homes across the Midlands from Herefordshire in the West to the Lincolnshire coast in the East, and from the Derbyshire Dales in the North to the Cotswolds in the South. Their portfolio includes homes for social and affordable rent as well as shared-ownership homes.
Their Property Care division is a well-established property maintenance business. Working with them is more than just a job. They value the contribution that colleagues make to their business; their vision is clear – they are growing fast and aim to achieve our plan through an engaged and highly skilled team.
They need an experienced Electrician to join their team. If you thrive on finding solutions, giving great customer service, delivering end-to-end job completion right first time, and enjoy working in a team environment. You will deliver day-to-day electrical repairs, fault-finding, maintenance and installation work.
As a team player, you’ll be hardworking and keen to learn with a can-do attitude. You’ll be working in people’s homes, so you’ll need to be friendly and approachable with good communication and customer service skills. You’ll also need to be organised and recognise the importance of delivering work right first time.
What you will need to succeed
You must be able to carry out all types of electrical work, including fault-finding, maintenance, installation and inspection and testing, within all work streams of the business combined with good knowledge of Social Housing and a good understanding of the electrical systems within. Basic competence of other trades is essential to allow for first-time fixes, such as plumbing, carpentry and tiling.
You must hold the following qualifications.
- Served an apprenticeship in Electrical or obtained an equivalent NVQ L3 & City & Guilds L3 in Electrical installation, commissioning, and certification.
- 18th Edition regulation ideally (17th edition would be accepted)
- Sound experience in delivering a range of electrical work and services in a domestic setting (other sectors will be considered
- Experience of working in property maintenance for a social Landlord, Housing Association or Council.
- Full driving licence
- As you will be working in Customers' homes you will need to complete a DBS check
In return, you will receive
- Salary of £34,546 per annum PLUS.
- Performance bonus up to £1900 OTE per annum PLUS
- Fuel Card.
- 28 days leave for Platform Group/ 25 days annual leave for Property Care (plus bank holidays) with the opportunity to buy and sell leave at 2 points every year.
- Family-friendly policies,including generous Paternity, Maternity, Shared Parental and Adoption leave plus 3 days paid Urgent Domestic Leave
- Medicash membership for all employees, which includes access to an employee assistanceprogramme, discounted gym membership and exclusive discounts.
- Health Cash Plan worth up to £1700 p/a with cashback for dental, optical, physio and complementary therapiesand more
- Pension scheme with minimum employee contributions of up to 3% and Platform will contribute up to 8% (inclusive of life assurance and dependent on employee contributions) – this has now been updated from 1 Dec to combined at 12% (employee and employer contributions tbc)
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice electric vehicle scheme
- Employee reward and recognition scheme with wellbeing hub and discount from a wide range of retailers
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.