Senior Electrical Design Engineer - Renewables Main Contractor – Belfast
Your new company
An award-winning construction, property development and renewable energy company which operates throughout the UK, Ireland and Europe. They have been established for over 30 years and have gained an enviable reputation for delivering bespoke design and build solutions on large-scale complex projects throughout the UK & Ireland. Due to this sustained growth, they have a requirement for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join their renewable energy division based in Belfast.
Your new role
- To undertake engineering options appraisals of existing buildings to establish feasibility for the implementation of electrical retrofit solutions to comply with a grid solution
- Responsible for the delivery of engineering design solutions encompassing all aspects of electrical building services engineering consultancy
- End to end process taking designs from concept, developed, construction to commissioning
- Undertake the preparation of electrical energy models, using a range of standard industry software tools
- Oversee the development of conceptual designs, design / performance specifications and outline scopes of work, to enable commissioning of detailed design (through external consultancy), design & build contract specifications and specialist consultancy support
- Calculate and assess impacts to building energy performances, using standard industry software tools
- Undertake CAPEX, OPEX and REPEX assessments of engineering options, using internal price benchmarking tools and external tender prices
- Liaise with clients to establish and develop project briefs, project objectives, constraints and requirements, to aid in the development of engineering options
- Assist in establishing and preparing statutory applications, such as planning, building control, electrical connections upgrades / G99 connections and others, working with other specialists
- Reviewing and marking up electrical drawings from TSO, DNO, ICP, IPP, Switchgear manufacturer including controls
- Work within a team delivering complex and large-scale energy projects including, commercial, industrial, retail, healthcare, education and leisure within both public and private domains
- Mentor and support the development of junior members of staff, including Graduates and Apprentices
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree qualification in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Professional qualification as Chartered Electrical Engineer or working towards accreditation
- Extensive knowledge in designing and developing electrical system and components.
- Good knowledge of working with transmission and distribution industry
- Extensive knowledge of choosing key electrical components that involves creating grid integration solutions
- Good knowledge of power quality meters or the equivalent
- Proficient in software to design electrical single line diagrams i.e. CAD
- Experience in building services, energy management and ESCO including controls and BMS
- Highly experienced with energy monitoring and targeting techniques and data analysis
- Good communication skills with ability to deliver projects within a defined time period.
- Ability to develop relationships with colleagues and peers
- Ambition and drive to lead and develop skills, technically and commercially
- Knowledge and experience of electrical engineering and low carbon design
- Willingness to travel for project work, within UK and Ireland, is desirable.
What you'll get in return
This is a senior design role with one of the region’s most prominent main Construction Contractors. They have placed a very high importance on this role where the successful individual will work within a strong and knowledgeable renewables team. In return, this respected contractor offers a competitive salary, a diverse range of company benefits, and opportunities for training and career development.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.