Assistant Accountant - German Speaking - Newmarket/Hybrid - £generous + excellent benefits
Your new company
Established in 1993, Tristel is a global infection prevention business with headquarters in Cambridgeshire (UK). We have subsidiaries in the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany, Switzerland, Poland, Italy, Russia, China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand and the United States.
Tristel is a successful, growing company with a strategic focus on innovation, science and international expansion. Tristel is actively engaged in ESG and promotes equal opportunity and diversity as part of its global corporate development goals.
The objective of the Finance Team is to ensure that the Company's finance transactions are accurately recorded and reported. It has responsibility and authority to execute financial transactions within limits set by the MD and plc Board.
Your new role
To assist with the timely production of the monthly management accounts for three subsidiaries in Germany, Switzerland and Poland, assisting with queries and to align Group procedures and practices - to include:
- Processing of current accounts including asset accounting, accounts receivable and accounts payable in accordance with the German Commercial Code
- Credit control and Dunning processes
- Cashflow management
- Preparation of VAT reports and EC Sales list
- Analysis as required by MD and Parent company
- Profit and loss analysis including variance analysis (actuals vs budget vs prior year)
- Balance sheet reconciiations
- Assisting with budget preparation
- To assist with statutory reporting and audit process for year end and interim
- Assisting with statutory disclosures and monthly maintenance of IFRS reports
- General finance duties to provide coverage during staff holidays or absences
- Ad-hoc duties as required
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be AAT Qualified or ACCA/CIMA Part-Qualified (or equivalent experience) with 2+ years' experience working in a finance environment, combined with strong systems and IT skills. Advanced German language skills will be essential.
What you'll get in return
Generous starting salary combined with an excellent benefits package including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, health insurance, private healthcare, sick pay, free onsite parking and career development opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.