Seeking a Property Maintenance Surveyor to join Hall & Woodhouse.
Hall & Woodhouse are seeking a Property Maintenance Surveyor to join our in-house Property Team, working remotely across the South-West of England.
Founded in 1777, Hall & Woodhouse holds a rich heritage as a brewery and pub operator. Proudly, we remain an independently owned Dorset based family business, famously known for our exquisite Badger beer and pub and restaurant locations. Our collection of 160 pubs, inns and bars/restaurants are renowned for both their unique style and genuine hospitality, which is why they are cherished by the communities they serve.
Our in-house Property Team play a vital part in maintaining our property assets and ensuring statutory compliance in both our Managed House and Business Partnership pub estate. The team provide a quality and commercially focused service, delivering innovative solutions and design concepts within a timely manner. To contribute to the team’s ongoing success, we are looking to appoint a talented, driven, and passionate Property Maintenance Surveyor. The role is extensively field-based, responsible for assets across our South-West Region, with a choice to work from home or our Blandford Forum Offices when undertaking desk-based tasks.
As the Property Maintenance Surveyor, you will be responsible for undertaking reactive and planned maintenance works across our pub estate. This will specifically include all locations based across our South-West Region.
Our public house estate is very varied from traditional country pubs to large new build managed locations and no day will be the same. You can expect to be responsible for diagnosing and managing minor repairs, through to specifying and project delivering larger programmes of work, such as pub refurbishments, alterations, and improvements up to a value of £200k.
Key Responsibilities will include –
- Provide property support to both our Managed and Business Partnerships pubs by maintaining and enhancing our public house estate.
- Work with the Maintenance Help Desk to ensure that all reactive repairs are managed through to completion in a prioritised and timely manner.
- Diagnosing, prioritising, and managing repairs to buildings, plant equipment, and furniture in the pub estate.
- Complete and prepare schedules of condition.
- Undertake property inspections, identify required works, and produce programmes for planned maintenance, with associated costings.
- Ensure all works are project managed in a cost-effective manner, within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Ensure that all works are carried out in accordance with current legislation and to the required standard.
- Liaise, appoint and manage relationships with consultant and contractor teams.
- Manage relationships with internal stakeholders and our tenanted estate Business Partners.
What You'll Need
At Hall & Woodhouse we are nothing without our teams. Being a great place to work is the foundation of everything we do. We strive to attract and retain talented people who live by our values, to provide them with the opportunity and support they need to fulfil their potential. As such, it is important that, as the suitable candidate, you will demonstrate these values. These values include –
In addition to the above, specifically for this role you will need –
- Significant experience within a similar role as a Building Surveyor / Maintenance Surveyor.
- Proven experience in diagnosing, specifying, and delivering property repairs and planned maintenance programmes.
- Proficient in preparing building condition reports, tender documents and administering building contracts.
- Sound knowledge of statutory compliance legislation.
- Excellent skills in report writing, project management and relationship building.
- A Full UK driving licence is essential.
- A relevant degree in Building Surveying or equivalent would be beneficial, but not essential.
- MRICS / MCIOB is desirable.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive range of benefits to our employees.
These include –
- Competitive Basic Salary
- £6,500 per annum Car Allowance
- Annual Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- 22 days Annual Leave (increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to a max of 28 days) + Bank Holidays
- Inclusion in company profit share incentive scheme
- Professional Membership subscription paid.
- Monthly Drinks Allowance
- 25% Discount off food and drink in our managed pubs
- Westfield Cash back plan and hospital treatment insurance
- Annual Health Assessments
What you need to do now
Hays Property and Surveying are supporting Hall & Woodhouse with the recruitment for this role on a retained and exclusive basis.
For further information, or to have a confidential discussion, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.