Excellent role for Senior EC&I Engineer based Warrington or Cumbria office and hybrid working.
Your new company
You will be joining an international nuclear consultancy who offer high performing products and services throughout the nuclear fuel cycle, thereby fully contributing to the efficient production of low-carbon nuclear energy, cancer-fighting radioisotopes, and innovative industrial applications.
Globally, they have 16,000 employees worldwide. They have eight primary business lines: Mining; Conversion & Enrichment; Logistics, for managing used nuclear fuel; Recycling & Nuclear Waste Management; Decommissioning & Dismantling; Nuclear Fuel Cycle Engineering; Operations Support, including radiological safety; and Nuclear Medicine.
They take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome, and their contributions are valued. Due to continued growth, they are looking to appoint a Senior EC&I Engineer to either the office in Warrington or Cumbria. They are also open to seeing EC&I level engineers too.
Your new role
- Assisting in the preparation of estimates and project proposals
- Managing and working to project schedules
- Management and clarification of EC&I requirements at all levels
- Experience EC&I design review and other client facing meetings
- Provision of technical solutions from customer requirements and initial concepts, and coordinate EC&I activities necessary to provide design solutions to the project
- Continuous learning and development in all areas of engineering especially with respect to the latest developments in technologies and techniques
- Production of project deliverables in accordance with project requirements, in line with relevant standards and procedures
- Experience of checking and providing design feedback
- Adherence to all company and statutory H&S policies, rules, regulations and laws, setting the standards for other EC&I discipline members
- Adherence to the company QMS, contribution to the development of the QMS, and proactive monitoring of team compliance to the QMS.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum qualification for this role is an HNC or equivalent qualification in electrical or control engineering or similar engineering
- Membership of a recognised Engineering Institute
- Incorporated Engineer or working towards
- An understanding of how the EC&I aspects fit within a complex project environment, combined with an in-depth knowledge of particular areas within the discipline
- Demonstrate a good understanding of nuclear health and safety and the construction regulations
- Significant experience at all stages of the design lifecycle
- Experience with plant and documentation configuration management
- The capability to deliver and check design solutions to the required standards, in the required timescales, supported by appropriate documentation
- Knowledge of EC&I systems design, including calculations and EMC assessment
- Experience of machinery and process plant design
- Experience with obsolescence management
What you'll get in return
They welcome all applications from candidates who are seeking flexible work, continued professional development support and career development.
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, they offer employees:
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays. You will also get an additional 1 day off for every 1-year service which is capped at 30
- A competitive salary
- Professional Membership
- Annual bonus scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Non-contribution pension scheme
- Enhanced Maternity Pay
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Insurance
- Sports allowance
- Online discount platform
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.