Action for Children today announces a new charity partnership with recruiting experts Hays. Staff from Hays offices across the country will undertake a number of fundraising activities throughout the next twelve months to fund an employability programme for young people from disadvantaged backgrounds struggling to get their foot on the work ladder.
The latest statistics from the ONS show that those aged under 25 are three times more likely to be unemployed compared to the rest of the general population – a figure that urgently needs to be addressed.
Sir Tony Hawkhead, CEO of Action for Children, comments: “I am delighted that Action for Children has been chosen by Hays to be their new charity partner. The funds raised by Hays colleagues will enable us to run a crucially important employability programme for some of the most disadvantaged young people in the UK, supporting our ambition to ensure that any child who needs help gets help.”
Nigel Heap, Managing Director of Hays UK & Ireland, comments: “We’re pleased to announce our new charity partnership with Action for Children, a worthwhile cause helping disadvantaged children across the UK. The employability programme will ensure that not only are we able to raise vital funds for the charity but that our expertise helps others. Our consultants across the UK will provide support and advice towards building young people’s employability skills and helping them secure work.”
- Ends -
Media Enquiries: For further information please contact Beth McDonald at the Action for Children press office on email@example.com call 07940 441770
NOTES TO EDITOR
About Action for Children
How Action for Children works: from before they are born until they are into their twenties, we help disadvantaged children across the UK. We help them through fostering or adoption – and by intervening early to stop neglect and abuse. We make life better for disabled children. We influence policy and advocate for change. Our 7,000 staff and volunteers operate over 600 services, improving the lives of 390,000 children, teenagers, parents and carers every year. We succeed by doing what’s right, doing what’s needed, and doing what works for children. For more information, visit actionforchildren.org.uk or follow us on Twitter @actnforchildren
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 31 December 2016 the Group employed 9,600 staff operating from 251 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2016:
- the Group reported net fees of £810.3 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £181 million;
- the Group placed around 67,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 220,000 people into temporary assignments;
- 22% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 45% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 33% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
- the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees;
- Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA