Having surveyed almost 400 partners across the UK, we have unravelled their DNA and discovered what it takes to make a finance partner.
No two finance partners will have matching skill-sets or will have followed identical career paths. Nevertheless, our research found that partners in accountancy firms do tend to share some common characteristics in terms of their training, personal attributes, and the challenges they face.
While all partners are different and will have taken varied routes to the top, they all tend to share common attributes such as:
- love of their profession
- keen commercial awareness
- an aptitude for client service
- an entrepreneurial mind-set and,
- a willingness to adapt to change.
Here are some of our key findings:
- 80% of respondents would still choose to be a partner if they had the chance to start over
- 48% believe that regulation will be a major factor in shaping the role of partner over the next 5 years
- 59% said that it was important for the next generation to be commercially aware.
Download the full report for more insight.
What does it take to become a Finance Partner?