Background and challenge
Brecknock Primary School is based in the heart of Camden and provides education for children between the ages of three to eleven years. A very high proportion of pupils speak English as an additional language; with a small number at the early stages of learning English.
The recruitment for the school has been based around a bespoke need for specialist teachers, teaching assistants (TA's) and nursery nurses who have an in-depth understanding and have worked with pupils from a variety of ethnic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
Hays Education is working closely with Brecknock Primary to ensure their staffing requirements are met with the highest calibre of staff allowing the advancement of learning across the key stages.
Hays has an expert approach encompassing early years, support staff and qualified teaching staff. Through this working relationship, we have created a local pool of specialist staff who are available to the school on an ad-hoc or full-time basis.
- Hays continue to establish links with local councils, colleges and universities in order to promote opportunities within the education sector. This has had a positive impact on the recruitment process, especially when seeking specialists in the educational field.
- By offering an emergency out-of-hours bookings service Hays offer staffing requirements at very short notice.
- All teaching, TA and nursery staff supplied by Hays have up-to-date compliance documentation and were carefully vetted through the Hays Education clearance procedure in line with the Department for Education guidelines.
- Hays visit the school throughout the academic year to ensure continuity and understand any changes at the school or in its requirements.
- Hays provide bespoke information to the school on changes in the education and recruitment sectors that may affect it, such as new agency worker regulations.
Hays has established a strong relationship with Brecknock Primary, providing ongoing bespoke support for their ongoing needs. Hays have been able to provide services to Brecknock Primary which has saved the school time and additional costs that would have been spent previously on advertising posts and selecting candidates