Over the years, golf has become one of the business world’s best networking opportunities, but unfortunately one that many women are not always taking advantage of. As networking increasingly is at the top of the agenda for many professionals – whether to learn new skills, keep up with industry trends, develop new contacts or find out about new opportunities - Hays is helping to ensure that women can benefit too.
Following the hugely successful launch of Golf for the Girls last year, Hays, the leading recruiting expert, has teamed up with City Golf for a second year to launch the networking programme aimed specifically at women. The participants will have access to the facilities at City Golf at the invite-only launch event on 18th September. Following a programme of tutorials and practice rounds, the inaugural Women’s Golf Day will take place in May 2014 at a world-class golfing venue.
Georgina Casas, Director at Hays, comments: “We were hugely pleased with the success of the Golf for the Girls networking programme last year and we are proud to team up with City Golf to run this programme for a second year. This is a unique event that allows women to learn to play this male dominated sport and network with their peers at the same time. We are sure they will be taking their place next to their colleagues on the golf course in no time.”
For further information contact Hays on 020 3465 0023
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2013 the Group employed 7,840 staff operating from 239 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2013:
– the Group reported net fees of £719 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £125.5 million;
– the Group placed around 53,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 182,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 29% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 40% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 31% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 59% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 41% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760