Teachers from across the West Midlands will share their experiences and advice at a TeachMeet session on 7 July at Holly Lodge Science College in Smethwick.
TeachMeets are informal gatherings of teachers to share best practice, innovation and insight through brief presentations.
As well as sharing their own experience, teachers will hear from education expert Sir Tim Brighouse, former chief education officer in Birmingham and schools commissioner for London. Education consultant David Cameron, Chair of the York Education Partnership, will also share his advice.
A breakfast seminar the following day will see Sir Tim Brighouse and David Cameron discuss ‘leading in impossible times’ with an audience of head and deputy head teachers at Broadway Academy in Birmingham.
Michelle Storer, Director at Hays said: “TeachMeets are growing in popularity across the world, and we’re pleased to be able to give teachers in Birmingham the opportunity to learn from each other and share their experiences in this enjoyable, informal format. We’re delighted that Sir Tim Brighouse and David Cameron can join us to lend their expertise to the event.”
The TeachMeet will take place from 5-7pm on 7 July 2014 at Holly Lodge 11-19 Science College, Smethwick. Teachers who are interested in attending should contact Michelle Storer at Hays in Coventry on 024 76 222322 or email Michelle.Storer@hays.com.
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 31 December 2013 the Group employed 7,979 staff operating from 240 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2013:
- the Group reported net fees of £719 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £125.5 million;
- the Group placed around 53,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 182,000 people into temporary assignments;
- 29% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 40% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 31% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
- the temporary placement business represented 59% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 41% of net fees;
- Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA