Teely Webb from Guildford in Surrey has triumphed in the Executive PA Magazine | Hays Awards 2013, and has been named the Newcomer of the Year.
Teely, PA to Professor Spencer Taylor at the University of Surrey was announced as the winner at the Executive PA Magazine | Hays Awards gala dinner celebration. Teely won a private helicopter flight for two over London, with overnight accommodation and dinner. The award recognises the achievements of PAs with less than four years’ experience.
Teely said: “I feel so honoured, and am thrilled, to have been chosen for this prestigious accolade. While part of me is so excited, and still cannot quite believe it, the part of me that has worked so hard to achieve success is proud to know that this hard work has been rewarded.
This has not been an overnight success, there has been a long journey behind arriving at this destination, but I have been determined not to give up. My goal is to achieve the best possible career I can for myself and by doing that I hope to be an example for my daughters, a mother of whom they can be proud. I believe that anything can be achieved, and is possible, if you want it badly enough. I am the proof you are never too old to be a “newcomer” in any field!”
Teely’s manager, Professor Spencer Taylor said: “I am thrilled that Teely’s excellent qualities as a new PA have been recognised by this deserved award. Over the last nine months she has demonstrated a considerable flair for her new role, and is continually seeking to improve her already high standards. She has been an integral part of our team’s successful start, and has made many innovative contributions, not least of which has included her substantial input into the development of a high quality health and safety system meeting the needs of both university and sponsor.”
Geoff Sims, Managing Director, Hays PA & Secretarial and judge of the awards, said: “Teely impressed the judges with her professionalism, initiative and tenacity, taking every opportunity to develop her knowledge and skills as a PA. The quality of nominations was high once again this year, and all of our finalists showed great potential to become exceptional PAs.”
Andrew Organ, publisher of Executive PA Magazine said: ‘Teely’s story is truly inspirational. Her boss, Professor Spencer Taylor, nominated her for the award when she had only been working as his PA for 5 months. The fact that she has beaten hundreds of other nominees shows that hard work, a great attitude and sheer determination really do go a long way.’
Note to Editors
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2013 the Group employed 7,840 staff operating from 239 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2013:
– the Group reported net fees of £719 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £125.5 million;
– the Group placed around 53,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 182,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 29% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 40% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 31% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 59% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 41% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760