The event was attended by 65 personal assistants and executive assistants (EAs) who listened to Katie charismatically discuss her career path, including how she came to work for Jacqueline and how her role as an EA has evolved over the years. Katie was followed by Julie Mott, Business Director at Hays in Guildford, who talked about the plentiful opportunities and competitive salaries for PAs and EAs across Surrey.
Julie Mott, Business Director at Hays in Guildford, said: “There has never been a better time for Surrey’s PAs and EAs to live and work locally. As businesses are growing and employing more staff, PAs in Surrey can earn salaries not too dissimilar to those in London, without commuting or compromising on their career opportunities. The event was a great chance for PAs to network and find out more about these opportunities.”
The event gave an opportunity for local professionals to discuss their own their career paths in addition to asking questions to Katie and Julie and tapping into their wealth of professional experience.
Katie McEwan, Executive Assistant to Jacqueline Gold, said, “Thank you to Hays for the invitation to speak for my fellow Surrey PAs. Ann Summers is a family-run business and is proud of its roots in Whyteleafe. It was fantastic to meet other businesses from across the region and share a little about my role and how fantastic it is to work for the one of UK’s most successful businesswomen. I look forward to attending more in the future.”
The team in Guildford recruits for PAs in addition to roles in construction, finance, human resources, office support and procurement. For more information and job opportunities please call Hays on 01483 532 255 or visit www.hays.co.uk
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760
Note to Editors:
Hays has recently launched a survey to understand what makes a great PA and EA, and to hear the views of employers and PAs and EAs themselves. To share your views and participate in the survey visit: http://ow.ly/JJpZj
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2014 the Group employed 8,237 staff operating from 237 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2014:
- the Group reported net fees of £724.9 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £140.3 million;
- the Group placed around 57,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 212,000 people into temporary assignments;
- 24% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 42% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 34% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
- the temporary placement business represented 59% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 41% of net fees;
- Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA