The forum gave attendees the opportunity to discuss the themes around creating the right classroom environment for pupils to learn in. Sir Tim Brighouse, former chief education officer in Oxfordshire and Birmingham and visiting professor at the Institute of Education, and David Cameron, Chair of the York Education Partnership, were the keynote speakers at the event.
During the seminar, Sir Tim and David discussed the topic of leadership in schools to help pupils thrive and also encouraged teachers to share their own classroom successes and their own methods to engage children in their classes.
Jeni Jones, Business Director for Hays Education hosted the event and commented: “We were pleased to welcome over 35 headteachers from local primary and secondary schools to this event. Sir Tim Brighouse and David Cameron's speeches were highly thought provoking and sparked some excellent debate and ideas sharing from the headteachers who attended.”
Sarah McGuire, Senior Consultant at Hays Education, said: “We were delighted to see so many Heads at the inaugural Hays Education Leadership Forum in Oxfordshire. Since our launch in January 2015, we have received a very positive response from schools, teachers and heads alike and demand for teaching professionals has been very high. Based here in Oxford, we are dedicated to recruiting Secondary, Special Educational Needs & Primary Teaching Professionals across Oxfordshire and look forward to developing further our relationship with the educational community in our region.
For job opportunities in education call the Oxford team on 01865 727 071 or visit www.hays.co.uk/education
For further press information and photos please contact:
T. 0207 200 3760
Note to Editors
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2014 the Group employed 8,237 staff operating from 237 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2014:
– the Group reported net fees of £724.9 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £140.3 million;
– the Group placed around 57,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 212,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 24% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 42% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 34% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 59% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 41% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA