- 56% of personal assistants plan to move jobs in the next 12 months and 35% of these in the next six months
- Over half (53%) of PAs don’t think there is scope for career progression in their organisation
- 56% of PAs dissatisfied with their salary
Not only is confidence returning to businesses, we are also seeing that confidence has also significantly increased amongst jobseekers, with 56% of PAs anticipating that they will move jobs in the next year and 36% of these considering a move within the next 6 months. With 56% dissatisfied with their pay and over half (53%) stating that there isn’t scope for career progression in their role, the propensity to find a new job is already high and likely to increase further. The top priority for employees looking for a new role was having over 25 days annual leave (41%), followed by a generous pension (30%).
Geoff Sims, Managing Director, Hays PA & Secretarial, says:
“Job opportunities for PAs are increasing, with more organisations returning to the model of one PA to one executive, after streamlining the number of assistants during the recession. While salaries have yet to increase significantly, we are seeing some uplift in salaries and benefits as employers look to invest in retaining their support staff.
“Given that businesses are now more confident about the year ahead and they have plans to take on more staff we expect to see this salary growth to take a greater hold by the middle of next year. With many PAs unhappy with their salaries and career prospects, employers are likely to see greater movement of staff in the year ahead and need to look at what they can offer in order to attract and retain the best employees.”
For further press information please contact:
T. 0207 200 3760
T. 020 7200 3760
About the Hays UK Salary Guide 2015:
This guide has been compiled using data gathered during 2014 from 96 Hays offices across the UK. The salary data is based on job listings, job offers and candidate registrations. The findings of our benefits survey are based on responses from over 10,000 employers and employees from organisations of all sizes throughout the UK.
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2014 the Group employed 8,237 staff operating from 237 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2014:
- the Group reported net fees of £724.9 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £140.3 million;
- the Group placed around 57,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 212,000 people into temporary assignments;
- 24% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 42% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 34% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
- the temporary placement business represented 59% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 41% of net fees;
- Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA