A Christmas card designed by Rhiley-Aaron Chapman, a pupil at Molehill Copse Primary Academy in Maidstone, was chosen as the best in Kent in a national competition by Hays Education.
The competition saw over 700 entries from across the UK competing to be featured on a Christmas card that will be sent to schools across the UK. Rhiley-Aaron will win £50 towards art equipment for his school and a framed copy of the card.
Rhiley-Aaron, aged seven from Maidstone, designed a Christmas card depicting a snow scene, with a snowman surrounded by presents and was chosen by the judges as the best design because of its colourful and festive cheer which captured the very essence of Christmas.
Rhiley- Aaron commented: "When Mrs Brooker called out my name in class assembly, I was shocked and surprised and then really happy. I can't wait to show my family my winning Christmas card."
Mrs C J Brooker, Headteacher at Molehill Copse Primary Academy in Maidstone, commented: "All the children and staff have had to work exceptionally hard and to receive this wonderful news has just been glorious for the whole school community. We are all very proud of Rhiley-Aaron and wish him every success as he progresses onto the national competition."
Helen Kirk-Brown, Director for Hays, commented: “It was an absolute delight to visit Molehill Copse Primary Academy to present Rhiley-Aaron with a framed copy of his winning entry. The whole class was so supportive of their classmate and pleased for him. We hope we have helped to inspire a budding young artist and bring some Christmas spirit to the school.”
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2014 the Group employed 8,237 staff operating from 237 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2014:
– the Group reported net fees of £724.9 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £140.3 million;
– the Group placed around 57,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 212,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 24% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 42% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 34% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 59% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 41% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA