The combination of increased demand for skilled professionals and skill shortages in some key areas has led to a number of professionals becoming highly sought after by employers in Manchester.
Businesses relocating and opening new offices in the North West has boosted business confidence in the area and the increase in house building activity has led to a surge in demand for construction professionals to work on these projects and residential conveyencers. Recruiters have also seen an increase in demand for finance professionals to handle the increase in finance activity created by improved business confidence.
Andrew Bredin, Regional Managing Director at Hays in the North West, said: “This is good news for experienced professionals in Manchester as employers look to expand their teams. Businesses are trying to entice the best candidates as they grow and this competition is driving up salaries. We have seen that some of the most in demand professionals can be offered multiple jobs within a week of meeting with us and can secure salary increases of up to 10% from employers who are looking to attract the best staff.”
Manchester’s most in demand professionals:
- Corporate lawyers with 1-5 years post qualified experience
- Residential conveyencer
- Credit controllers
- CIMA or ACCA part qualified management accountants
- AAT level purchase ledger clerk and accounts assistant
The Hays team in Manchester, based at City Tower, recruits for jobs within finance, construction, education, IT, procurement, human resources, legal, office support, social care, retail and marketing.
For more information and job opportunities please call Hays on 0161 236 7272 or visit www.hays.co.uk
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 31 December 2014 the Group employed 8,748 staff operating from 244 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2014:
– the Group reported net fees of £724.9 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £140.3 million;
– the Group placed around 57,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 212,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 24% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 42% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 34% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 59% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 41% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA