Hays, the leading recruiting expert, has teamed up with Solon South West Housing Association to help their residents in Bristol build confidence in looking for work.
Qualified career consultants from Hays Career Transitions worked with residents to help them start their job search on the right footing, and build their confidence in looking for jobs.
Following a successful pilot scheme Solon now hopes to expand the scheme to more residents. During the programme residents were given advice on how to search and apply for jobs, write a CV and what to expect in a job interview.
Charlotte Forsyth, at Hays Career Transition Services, comments: “This partnership is a fantastic way of supporting Bristol residents into employment and providing them with the skills needed for the world of work. We look forward to helping more residents complete the programme in future.”
Paul Ville, Chief Executive of Solon Housing said: “We are delighted to support this initiative. It has clearly helped our residents to identify and promote their skills and talents to prospective employers. This should increase their chances of getting the jobs they would like. It has also provided the important benefit of building confidence in their own abilities and what they can achieve.”
Ellie Gooch, Estate Management Officer for Solon added, “This is the first time we have run a scheme like this and I’m thrilled with the outcome. The residents have shown excellent commitment and it was great to see how much the scheme had helped them with their job seeking skills and overall confidence.”
For further information about Hays please visit: www.hays.co.uk
For further information
0207 200 3760
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2015 the Group employed 9,023 staff operating from 240 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2015:
– the Group reported net fees of £764.2 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £164.1 million;
– the Group placed around 63,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 200,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 23% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 41% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 36% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA