Job vacancies across accountancy & finance, office support, IT, marketing and HR have increased due to growing local businesses and expansion of a number of head offices in the area.
Hays has seen salaries increase for newly qualified accountants and marketing and communications roles in large corporates across Basingstoke, in addition to an increase in manufacturing jobs and salaries for local hi-tech and pharmaceutical businesses.
Katy Walker, Business Director at Hays in Basingstoke, comments: “After moving to a new office last year as a team of just nine, we are now a team of 26 and are constantly growing. Hiring has increased so much in Basingstoke and the surrounding towns that we have seen the number of candidates offered job interviews more than double. There are jobs with growing local businesses and established corporate companies, so workers don’t need to look further afield for jobs.”
Hays Basingstoke operates from an office located at Copenhagen Court, New Street, with over 20 expert consultants. The office provides recruiting expertise across accountancy and finance, HR, marketing, IT, customer services, procurement, telecoms and office support.
For further information contact Hays in Basingstoke on 01256 633 152 or visit www.hays.co.uk
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2014 the Group employed 8,237 staff operating from 237 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2014:
- the Group reported net fees of £724.9 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £140.3 million;
- the Group placed around 57,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 212,000 people into temporary assignments;
- 24% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 42% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 34% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
- the temporary placement business represented 59% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 41% of net fees;
- Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA