Job vacancies in office support, marketing, finance, procurement and construction are increasing due to growing local businesses and expansion of corporate head offices within the area.
There are opportunities for people to work locally in areas such as office support, marketing, finance and human resources with competitive salaries available. Hays has seen examples of personal assistants earning £40,000, meaning these salaries are not too dissimilar to those in central London.
Julie Mott, Business Director at Hays in Guildford, comments: “We are seeing many opportunities for Surrey workers in a range of professions. Growth of local business and the increase in house building means salaries are increasing and brick layers are earning as much as £20 per hour locally, as they are in such short supply. Job seekers need look no further than their local area for roles that are crucial to growth of the local economy with increasing pay too.”
Hays operates from two offices in the Surrey region, located in Guildford and Woking with a total of over 30 expert consultants. The offices provide expertise in areas of accountancy and finance, senior finance, office support, procurement, HR, marketing, IT and education.
For further information contact Hays in Guildford on 01483 532 255 or visit www.hays.co.uk.
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2014 the Group employed 8,237 staff operating from 237 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2014:
- the Group reported net fees of £724.9 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £140.3 million;
- the Group placed around 57,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 212,000 people into temporary assignments;
- 24% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 42% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 34% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
- the temporary placement business represented 59% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 41% of net fees;
- Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA