- 67% of IT employers plan pay increases in the next 12 months
- 65% of IT professionals anticipate they will move jobs in the next 12 months
- Skill shortages a concern for 85% of employers
In the past year salaries for some IT professionals have risen by over 10%, with the greatest salary increases for chief information security officers, software architects, project managers and developers. Skill shortages are a growing concern, with 85% of employers anticipating a shortage of suitable candidates when recruiting.
Lee Chant, Managing Director of Hays Information Technology, says: “In 2015 we expect to see more movement in the IT jobs market, as recruitment increases and employees become more confident to move jobs. The majority of employers are planning to grow their teams, and with skill shortages already a major issue within IT this will create additional pressure on employers to offer competitive salaries and benefits to attract and retain the skilled professionals they need.
With over six in ten IT professionals planning to move jobs next year employers should begin the year looking closely at whether their salary, benefits and career development offering is enough to retain and build their workforce for the year ahead.”
Top five IT professionals in demand for 2015:
- Enterprise architects
- Senior program managers
- Cloud implementation consultant
To access Hays UK Salary and Recruiting Trends 2015 visit www.hays.co.uk/salary-guide
For further press information please contact:
T: 0207 200 3760
About the Hays UK Salary Guide 2015:
This guide has been compiled using data gathered during 2014 from 96 Hays offices across the UK. The salary data is based on job listings, job offers and candidate registrations. The findings of our benefits survey are based on responses from over 10,000 employers and employees from organisations of all sizes throughout the UK.
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2014 the Group employed 8,237 staff operating from 237 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2014:
- the Group reported net fees of £724.9 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £140.3 million;
- the Group placed around 57,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 212,000 people into temporary assignments;
- 24% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 42% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 34% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
- the temporary placement business represented 59% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 41% of net fees;
- Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA