Research from Hays Human Resources revealed that while HR salaries increased moderately overall (1.5%) in 2015, some roles saw larger increases, with talent and resourcing specialists seeing 3% average increases. This was also higher than the 2.3% average pay increase for all UK professionals.
The Hays UK Salary & Recruiting Trends 2016 report, which includes survey results from almost 500 HR employers and employees, shows reward and benefit, equality and diversity and HR generalist roles saw a 2% average salary increase. Large organisations have expanded their HR departments in the last 12 months and there is now particular demand for resourcing, reward and learning and development roles, expected to heighten pay pressure in 2016.
The research shows that more than half (57%) of HR professionals are planning to move jobs in 2016, with employers set to come under pressure to raise pay to retain and attract the talent they need. Confidence is high in the industry and will continue; with over four fifths (86%) planning to recruit staff this year and 65% expecting to increase pay in 2016.
Barney Ely, Director at Hays Human Resources, commented:
“With resourcing, reward and learning and development roles seeing significantly larger pay rises than others in the past year, and demand for these roles set to continue, employers will need to dip into their pockets in order to fulfil business needs. There are now more companies looking for HR professionals with experience in IT systems and analytics too, so HR professionals should also look at gaining skills in this area for the future.
Overall, a fluid jobs market and dissatisfaction with pay, combined with HR’s continuing skills shortage, is likely to increase the pressure on employers to raise salaries in 2016.Our research showed that over a third of employers do not think they have the talent needed to meet business objectives this year, further highlighting that the demand for particular HR roles outweighs the supply.”
To find out more visit salaryguide.hays.co.uk
For further press information please contact:
T: 0207 200 3760
About Hays UK Salary & Recruiting Trends 2016
Data compiled using data gathered during 2015 from Hays offices across the UK, based on job listings, job offers and candidate registrations. Survey responses from almost 500 employers of HR professionals and HR professionals from organisations of all sizes throughout the UK.
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2015 the Group employed 9,023 staff operating from 240 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2015:
– the Group reported net fees of £764.2 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £164.1 million;
– the Group placed around 63,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 200,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 23% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 41% in Continental Europe &RoW (CERoW) and 36% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA