New research by recruiting experts Hays, has revealed that 34% of employees in the West Midlands value their holiday allowance as the most attractive benefit in a new role. However, employers were more likely to offer pension contributions or childcare vouchers than over 25 days’ holiday.
The survey, which received over 10,000 responses nationwide, revealed that workers in the West Midlands prize their time off prioritising their holiday allowance above other benefits.
Further findings from Hays UK Salary & Recruiting Trends 2015 show that an above statutory pension contribution, financial support for studies, a company car or car allowance and health insurance also make it into workers’ top five most important benefits when considering a new role.
In addition to their benefits, employees were asked to rate the other perks offered to them by their employer, and the most commonly offered were free or subsidised food and drinks, social activities and additional days off for their birthdays or excellent performance.
Mark Staniland, Regional Managing Director at Hays in the Midlands, said: “As many people’s thoughts turn to their summer holidays, our findings show that employees value their holiday entitlement above all other benefits when looking for a new job. With competition for staff the strongest it has been for some time, employers should make sure that they do all they can to emphasise how valuable the other benefits they have to offer are, to avoid losing out to competitors offering more generous holiday allowances.”
Top employment benefits as rated by workers in the West Midlands:
1. Over 25 days’ annual leave (34%)
2. Above statutory pension contribution (28%)
3. Financial support for studies (12%)
4. Company car or car allowance (8%)
5. Health insurance or private medical cover (7%)
For more information and job opportunities call Hays in Birmingham on 0121 212 1814 or visit www.hays.co.uk
For further press information please contact:
T. 0207 200 3760
About the Hays UK Salary Guide 2015:
This guide has been compiled using data gathered during 2014 from 96 Hays offices across the UK. The salary data is based on job listings, job offers and candidate registrations. The findings of our benefits survey are based on responses from over 10,000 employers and employees from organisations of all sizes throughout the UK.
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2014 the Group employed 8,237 staff operating from 237 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2014:
- the Group reported net fees of £724.9 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £140.3 million;
- the Group placed around 57,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 212,000 people into temporary assignments;
- 24% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 42% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 34% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
- the temporary placement business represented 59% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 41% of net fees;
- Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA