Hays, the leading recruiting expert, has recognised five students at the Lawrence Sheriff School in Rugby for their outstanding performance during their work experience. The Hays Prize for Excellence in Work Experience is part of Hays’ wider programme of supporting local students in developing their skills for the work place.
This year’s winning students were Jake Cross, Sam Dunn, James Hodkinson, Amit Patel and Jeeven Patel. They were awarded £150 worth of high street vouchers.
Claire Donnelly, School Business Manager at Hays, said: “We are delighted to have rewarded the Lawrence Sheriff School students for their work experience at local companies this year. Work experience is a great way for students to build up their skills and knowledge, and to gain insight into how businesses work. Our recent research, the Global Skills Index, shows that the UK has a shortage of skilled employees, so this experience will support them in developing the know-how they need for the future. Congratulations to all the winners.”
Dr Peter Kent, Head teacher at the Lawrence Sheriff School, added: “Work experience is a crucial part of preparing students to progress into the world beyond school. We are very grateful to Hays for sponsoring these awards, so that we can celebrate this crucial part of school life and also express our grateful thanks to the many local companies who host our students in such a supportive manner”
For further information about Hays visit www.hays.co.uk or contact the Coventry office on 02476 222 322.
For further press information or to request an image, please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2013 the Group employed 7,840 staff operating from 239 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2013:
– the Group reported net fees of £719 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £125.5 million;
– the Group placed around 53,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 182,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 29% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 40% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 31% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 59% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 41% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA