The office move reflects the growth in the local economy as both large and small organisations across Chelmsford and the surrounding towns are looking to hire. The Hays UK Salary & Recruiting Trends 2016 report found that three quarters of employers in the region are looking to hire additional staff in the next 12 months. In addition to this, roles within the construction sector have increased dramatically fuelled by local house building activity.
The official new office opening by Mayor, Councillor Paul Hutchinson, took place on Thursday 14 January at 5pm, and the new office is located at Summit House on Waterloo Lane in the city centre. The new office allows space to accommodate more interview rooms and space for the growing team.
Jane Donnelly, Director at Hays in Chelmsford, commented on the new office opening, “In the past year we have seen a real surge in confidence in the Essex market, we have even launched a mechanical and electrical division as the increase in house building activity has led to a demand for skilled, experienced trades people.
“This is a great move for the team and also allows space for our plans to take on new staff in the near future as we continue to develop our service to local individuals and businesses. We invite local professionals to make an appointment to meet the team for one-to-one career advice.”
The Hays team has had a presence in Chelmsford for over 10 years and recruits for roles across office support, accountancy and finance, senior finance, human resources and construction and property and can provide recruitment advice to local businesses.
For more information and job opportunities please call Hays on 01245 782 131 or visit www.hays.co.uk
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2015 the Group employed 9,023 staff operating from 240 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2015:
– the Group reported net fees of £764.2 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £164.1 million;
– the Group placed around 63,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 200,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 23% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 41% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 36% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA