Following a competitive tender, Hays, in partnership with Penna Plc, has been awarded the Early in Career recruitment programme for Santander UK.
The service is a two year contract and will be delivered by the newly appointed onsite Hays team deployed across the UK, led by Karl Porter and Karen Paginton. Karl will work with Rosemary Kelsall, Lead Client Partner at Penna, to design and deliver the service and interface with Santander's resourcing leadership team. The design and attraction strategy will be constructed by Penna's experienced graduate team, and delivered by Hays.
This is a ground-breaking contract for Hays to deliver a highly bespoke Early in Career programme to Santander. This contract will see Hays delivering a revolutionary new service that includes engagement with schools and school children as young as eight to address long term perceptions of banking in a future generation of workers, support for schools career services and after school clubs, providing work experience opportunities to school children from deprived backgrounds across Santander's corporate sites in the UK, and enabling access to over 300 apprenticeships nationwide in an attempt to improve social mobility.
Richard Jackson, Managing Director of Hays Talent Solutions, says: “Once fully operational this service will deliver over 500 hires across a number of channels. This is an exciting opportunity for Hays as it represents our first genuine complete outsourced Early in Career programme and also our first partnership with Penna.”
Note to Editors
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2013 the Group employed 7,840 staff operating from 239 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2013:
– the Group reported net fees of £719 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £125.5 million;
– the Group placed around 53,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 182,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 29% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 40% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 31% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 59% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 41% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760