Cementing its 27 years presence in Southampton, Hays, the leading recruiting expert, has made a significant investment by opening a new office in one of the most thriving cities in the UK. Over 45 expert consultants will be based in Mountbatten House in Grosvenor Square, Southampton. The official opening on Wednesday 16th October was marked with an event where the Mayor of Southampton spoke about the employment opportunities and business development in the area.
Hays’ recruiting experts in Southampton cover 12 disciplines including finance, marketing, construction, human resources, procurement, IT, legal and office support. There has been an increase in demand for temporary and interim professionals over the last 12 months, which has been partly fuelled by organisations hiring people on short term contracts before they commit to a permanent role. New roles in recent months have ranged from senior executive roles for major corporations to office support staff in the region’s growing SME sector.
Steve Orr, Managing Director of Hays in Southampton, comments: “Southampton has a flourishing, exciting and competitive jobs market so employers and jobseekers need to be able to access recruitment experts who understand exactly where the opportunities are and have an extensive network of contacts in the area. That is exactly what our consultants do; they are not only experts in particular business areas but also in the city. The investment in our new office shows the importance of Southampton to our business and we look forward to continuing to work closely with local employers in the years ahead.”
Mayor of Southampton, Councillor Ivan White, comments: "I was very pleased to open the new Hays office in Southampton. In the current financial climate it is great to see an existing business expand in the city to help strengthen the local economy."
For more information and job opportunities visit www.hays.co.uk or to make an appointment with the Southampton office call 02382 020 100.
Note to Editors
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2013 the Group employed 7,840 staff operating from 239 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2013:
– the Group reported net fees of £719 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £125.5 million;
– the Group placed around 53,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 182,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 29% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 40% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 31% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 59% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 41% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760