The office expansion reflects the increase in recruitment activity, driven by growth in the local economy. The Hays team itself has over doubled in size in the last few years and is now a team of 22, recently expanding its recruitment offering to HR, education and social care professionals.
The official new office opening will take place on Thursday 15 October, where Councillor Anthony Munday, Cabinet Support Member for Stoke on Trent City Council, and Jane Gratton, Deputy Chief Executive of North Staffordshire Chamber of Commerce will be opening the doors to the office located at Old Hall Street, Hanley, Staffordshire, Stoke on Trent, ST1 3AU.
Richard Blackburn, Business Director for Hays in Stoke, said, “In the last couple of years we have seen a real surge in confidence in the Staffordshire and West Midlands economy. Large construction developments such as the BET365 headquarters, reflect the investment and business growth within the region.
“This is a great expansion for the team and also allows space to take on further new staff in the future as we continue to provide our service to local professionals and businesses. We invite local professionals to call us and make an appointment to meet the team for one-to-one career advice.”
Jane Gratton, Deputy Chief Executive of Staffordshire Chambers of Commerce, said: “It is great to see a business doing well, expanding and taking on new staff in North Staffordshire. It is a sign of growing confidence in our local economy and employment market, and an indication that new opportunities are being created for people in the Stoke-on-Trent area who are seeking work. Staffordshire Chambers is delighted to be working with this successful company.”
The team in Stoke recruits for roles across office support, accountancy and finance, senior finance, social care, HR, education, and construction and property and can provide local businesses with information on recruitment needs.
For more information and job opportunities please call Hays on 01782 958 910 or visit www.hays.co.uk
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2015 the Group employed 9,023 staff operating from 240 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2015:
– the Group reported net fees of £764.2 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £164.1 million;
– the Group placed around 63,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 200,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 23% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 41% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 36% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA