Hays, the leading recruiting expert, hosted an education forum at Broadway School in Perry Barr, Birmingham attracting over 55 head teachers from local primary and secondary schools to discuss current hot topics in education.
The forum gave the opportunity to the attendees to discuss the themes around the challenges of school leadership. Sir Tim Brighouse, former Chief Education Officer in Birmingham and Oxfordshire and visiting Professor at the Institute of Education, and David Cameron, Chair of the York Education Partnership, were the keynote speakers at the event.
The leadership forum was titled ‘Leading in Impossible Times’. During the seminar, Sir Tim and David discussed the challenges that head teachers face and the rewarding experience of working with young people and playing an important role in their lives.
Michelle Storer, Director for Hays Education in Birmingham, organised the event and commented: “We were pleased to welcome over 55 head teachers from local primary and secondary schools to this event. The seminar delivered by Sir Tim Brighouse and David Cameron was highly thought provoking and the feedback from head teachers who attended has been extremely positive. School leadership is an on-going challenge for senior education professionals and it is vitally important to them to be able to share thoughts and best practice on this subject.”
For job opportunities in education visit www.hays.co.uk/education
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments.
As at 31 December 2011, the Group employed 7,988 staff operating from 247 offices in 32 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2011:
– the Group reported net fees of £672 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £114 million;
– the Group placed around 60,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 190,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 31% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 33% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 36% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 54% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 46% of net fees
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, China, Chile, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760