- 67% of finance employers plan pay increases in the next 12 months
- 57% of employees anticipate they will move jobs in the next 12 months
- Over three-quarters of finance employers awarded pay rises in the past 12 months
Only 71% of organisations think they have the talent needed to meet business objectives, and 77% expect to encounter a shortage of suitable candidates when recruiting in the next year.
Karen Young, Director of Hays Accountancy & Finance says:
“In 2015 we expect to see more movement in the finance jobs market, as recruitment increases and employees become more confident to move jobs. Where there simply aren’t enough people with the right skills to fill the gaps jobseekers often have the pick of two or three jobs, they get snapped up quickly by employers and they often receive a counter offer from their current employer, which can push their salary up even further, whether they decide to stay, or go.
Demand in 2015 is likely to be continued to driven by changes in legislation and regulation. For example, payroll specialists are needed to manage pensions auto-enrolment now impacting the next wave of smaller businesses, and corporate governance and tax experts are sought after to help navigate new compliance demands. Business transformation and conversion leads are also in demand as companies who have reported in UK GAAP prepare for IFRS conversion from January 2015, for example. Finally as cash is king, finance leaders are putting more emphasis on their credit function and good credit controllers remain in demand in both the SME and blue chip sectors.”
To access Hays UK Salary and Recruiting Trends 2015 visit www.hays.co.uk/salary-guide
For further press information please contact:
T. 0207 200 3760
About the Hays UK Salary Guide 2015:
This guide has been compiled using data gathered during 2014 from 96 Hays offices across the UK. The salary data is based on job listings, job offers and candidate registrations. The findings of our benefits survey are based on responses from over 10,000 employers and employees from organisations of all sizes throughout the UK.
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2014 the Group employed 8,237 staff operating from 237 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2014:
- the Group reported net fees of £724.9 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £140.3 million;
- the Group placed around 57,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 212,000 people into temporary assignments;
- 24% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 42% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 34% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
- the temporary placement business represented 59% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 41% of net fees;
- Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA