An education forum at the Humphrey Perkins School in Loughborough hosted by Hays attracted interest from over 50 local senior education leaders and head teachers. The forum offered the local leaders the opportunity to discuss the importance of creativity in delivering the curriculum.
Sir Tim Brighouse, former chief education officer in Oxfordshire and Birmingham and visiting professor at the Institute of Education, and David Cameron, Chair of the York Education Partnership, were the keynote speakers at the event.
Peter Nutkins, Head Teacher at the Humphrey Perkins School, commented: “The event was a great opportunity to openly share best practice among professionals across all key stages. Events like this inspire and motivate teachers thereby having a direct impact on what goes on in classrooms. Heads and senior leaders need inspiring events such as these to challenge our thinking and develop our schools based upon sound educational principles.”
Michelle Storer, Director for Hays Education in Leicester, said: “We are pleased to have provided a forum for local education professionals to discuss creativity in the teaching profession. This is an on-going challenge for everybody working in education and it is vitally important for professionals in the industry to be able to share thoughts and best practice on this subject.”
To find out more contact the Hays Education office in Leicester on 01162 532389 or visit www.hays.co.uk/education
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760
Note to Editors
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2013 the Group employed 7,840 staff operating from 239 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2013:
– the Group reported net fees of £719 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £125.5 million;
– the Group placed around 53,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 182,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 29% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 40% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 31% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 59% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 41% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA