Over 60 teachers and safeguarding officers from across Middlesbrough heard from experts in the field Christine Davies CBE and Allen Baynes about the facts around child abuse and neglect and what makes a safe school.
The guests discussed the ways in which they can meet their legal requirements to equip anyone working with children to be able to detect signs of abuse and neglect and act appropriately in response, and review ways in which to improve the safety of their school.
Christine Davies, CBE, has worked with over 80,000 schools advising on child protection and said: “Safeguarding and protecting children and young people is everyone's business. All staff working in schools and colleges have critical roles to play in both identifying children at risk of abuse or neglect and promoting their welfare.”
Jo Thurland, Inclusion Coordinator at The Rydal Academy in Darlington, said: “It has been a really good event and great for networking. It's nice to share good practice and demonstrate what we're doing right with safeguarding.”
Emma Watkins, Senior Manager at Hays Education, said: “Seminars like this give us the opportunity to bring headteachers and safeguarding leaders together along with expert speakers to share their best practice ideas to ensure a safe learning environment for children.”
To find out more about the Hays Safeguarding and Safer Recruitment Training visit www.educationtraining.hays.co.uk
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 31 December 2014 the Group employed 8,748 staff operating from 244 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2014:
– the Group reported net fees of £724.9 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £140.3 million;
– the Group placed around 57,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 212,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 24% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 42% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 34% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 59% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 41% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA