IT and marketing have been forming a close partnership for a number of years leading to the rise of a new type of technical marketer who keeps pace with changing technology and consumer behaviour, according to Hays, the leading recruiting expert. Organisations are increasingly acknowledging that a successful digital marketing campaign will mean they have a clear understanding of how their customers operate online through the interpretation of data. This has led to the rapid rise of technical marketing with new opportunities created for those professionals with digital know-how.
Helen Moss, Senior Manager at Hays Marketing says, “The challenges and opportunities for organisations in the age of digital marketing are enormous and marketers must ensure they can guide and influence business growth through the ever-expanding digital channels. However, we have found that digital marketers are hard to find, attract and retain. As the demand for their skills increases in the future, this talent pipeline will come under even more pressure.”
The rapid evolution of digital marketing is transforming organisational structures and is influencing business strategy. “In the last couple of years we have seen the rise of Digital Managers with sole responsibility to manage the whole digital channel. These digital marketers need experience and expertise in e-commerce, SEO, PPC, affiliate marketing and social media, as well as transformative product and technology capabilities,” says Moss.
For further information please visit Hays Marketing at http://www.hays.co.uk/marketing
Note to Editors
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2013 the Group employed 7,840 staff operating from 239 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2013:
– the Group reported net fees of £719 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £125.5 million;
– the Group placed around 53,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 182,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 29% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 40% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 31% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 59% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 41% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760