According to Hays Marketing in Reading, the leading recruiting expert, a number of local leading organisations have been expanding their marketing teams in recent months as they focus on digital marketing. As a result, local employers are facing intense competition to attract highly skilled marketing professionals.
Marketing teams throughout area have been expanding and there has been an increase in SMEs bringing marketing roles in house. The rapid advances in technology have increased the demand for digital marketing professionals to ensure organisations are maximising their exposure in the commercial market. The travel and leisure industry sector is recruiting for marketing roles, as are professional services employers such as accountancy firm and legal practices.
Tony Virgo-Harris, Business Manager at Hays Marketing in Reading, comments, “Reading and the surrounding area has long been an attractive place to do business due to its proximity to London. The FMCG, IT and thriving SMEs sectors based in the region means that local professionals have a number of exciting opportunities open to them, in particular marketing professionals with up to five years of experience and industry specific knowledge. The role of the marketer has evolved in recent years with employers increasingly looking for those with digital marketing experience as they look to harness new technologies to help grow their business, as well as those with commercial insight, SEO and data analysis experience.”
For further information please contact Hays Marketing in Reading on 01189 070325 or visit http://www.hays.co.uk/marketing
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 31 December 2011, the Group employed 7,988 staff operating from 247 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2011:
– the Group reported net fees of £672 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £114 million;
– the Group placed around 60,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 190,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 31% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 33% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 36% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 54% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 46% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA.
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760