Many HR professionals plan to take advantage of these opportunities and move in the year ahead, 58% plan to move jobs in the next 12 months and 36% in the next six months.
Barney Ely, Director at Hays Human Resources, comments:
“The potential for HR to influence and drive business strategy has never been stronger as employers realise they need to invest in the right staff as the economy improves. Experienced and talented HR professionals are in a strong position to negotiate pay and benefits in 2015, whether in their current role or a new job.
We are seeing demand for strong HR generalists as well as specialists in recruitment, reward and learning and development, across all sectors and types of organisation. Within the public sector experience in change management, organisational development and employee relations is still much sought after, particularly on an interim basis”
Top 5 HR skills in demand for 2015:
- Learning and development professionals with delivery and strategy experience
- HR business partners with business and commercial understanding
- Permanent reward specialists with a finance background
- Systems and sales trainers, particularly in distribution and manufacturing
- Resourcers and recruiters with project management and recruitment system experience
To access Hays UK Salary and Recruiting Trends 2015 visit www.hays.co.uk/salary-guide
For further press information please contact:
T. 0207 200 3760
About the Hays UK Salary Guide 2015:
This guide has been compiled using data gathered during 2014 from 96 Hays offices across the UK. The salary data is based on job listings, job offers and candidate registrations. The findings of our benefits survey are based on responses from over 10,000 employers and employees from organisations of all sizes throughout the UK.
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2014 the Group employed 8,237 staff operating from 237 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2014:
– the Group reported net fees of £724.9 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £140.3 million;
– the Group placed around 57,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 212,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 24% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 42% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 34% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 59% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 41% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA