Job opportunities in Bournemouth have doubled in the past year, causing Hays, the leading recruiting expert, to move into larger offices in Waverley House on Holdenhurst Road to meet rising demand from local employers.
The new office will be home to Hays’ 30 expert consultants, recruiting for professionals in areas including construction & property, finance, IT, Insurance, office support and HR. The move comes as a further 25,000 jobs are set to be created in Dorset, following the agreement of £66.3 million Government funding for the county.
James Whicher, Director for Hays in Bournemouth, said: “The past year has seen a real surge in confidence in the Dorset market, with double the number of vacancies now available compared to this time last year. We’re now seeing high demand for a number of different professionals, and the news of the further £66 million Government investment in Dorset is set to boost demand further.
As a result we’re starting to see skill shortages in some areas, and employers are reporting particularly high demand for finance directors, payroll and accounts clerks, software developers and project managers in IT, HR professionals and construction workers. The relocation of several large companies to the area is also creating opportunities for local professionals.
To accommodate this growth we’re relocating our team to Waverley House, 115-119 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth BH8 8DY. We invite local professionals to make an appointment to meet the team for one-to-one career advice.”
Hays has seen increased demand for:
- HR Professionals including HR advisors, rewards and benefits specialists and HR managers
- Finance professionals including payroll, accounts clerks, book keepers, management and financial accountants, financial controllers and finance directors.
- IT professionals, in particular software developers, infrastructure engineers and IT project managers
- Construction tradespeople, facilities managers and maintenance engineers
To discuss your career options or recruitment needs call Hays on 01202 048616.
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 31 December 2013 the Group employed 7,979 staff operating from 240 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2013:
- the Group reported net fees of £719 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £125.5 million;
- the Group placed around 53,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 182,000 people into temporary assignments;
- 29% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 40% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 31% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
- the temporary placement business represented 59% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 41% of net fees;
- Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA