• 70% of employers plan to increase staff numbers over the year
• 61% of employees plan to move jobs in the next 12 months, with 38% planning to move in the next six months
Professionals in Birmingham looking to start their search for a new job should prepare now, according to specialist recruitment company Hays. With six in ten people planning to move jobs in the next 12 months a well written and up to date CV will give you the best chance of securing one of the growing number of jobs in the area.
Mark Staniland, Regional Managing Director at Hays says:
“The New Year is a great time to look for new opportunities and with 70% of employers planning to increase their staff numbers this year, there is no time like the present to update your CV and introduce yourself to expert recruiters and potential employers.
“Your CV is your tool to sell yourself to a potential employer and first impressions count. If you are adding a covering letter this information this should be tailored to the specific job opportunity. Remember to include information that is relevant to your career and employment history and think about your key achievements and emphasise these on your CV to stand out.
“When adding information about your employment history, include examples of your key responsibilities or projects. If you have any employment gaps on your CV, give explanations for these as employers will want to have a clear outline of your history. Once your CV is up to date, don’t forget to consider your professional social media profile and ensure this aligns with your CV too.”
Top 5 tips for a winning CV:
• Keep your format clear and concise
• Add examples and evidence to show off your key skills
• Explain any gaps in your CV that employers may be wary of
• Remember to proof read for mistakes and spell check
• Check your online profile aligns with your CV
For further advice on your New Year job search contact Hays in Birmingham on 0121 212 1814
For further press information please contact:
T: 020 7200 3760
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2014 the Group employed 8,237 staff operating from 237 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2014:
- the Group reported net fees of £724.9 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £140.3 million;
- the Group placed around 57,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 212,000 people into temporary assignments;
- 24% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 42% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 34% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
- the temporary placement business represented 59% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 41% of net fees;
- Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA